The infantry is the main land combat force and fighting foundation of the National Guard. They are responsible for defending our country against any threat by land, as well as capturing, destroying and repelling enemy ground forces.
• Perform as a member of a fire team during drills and combat
• Aid in the mobilization of vehicles, troops, and weaponry
• Assist in reconnaissance missions
• Process prisoners of war and captured documents
• Use, maintain and store combat weapons (e.g., rifles, machine guns, antitank mines, etc.)
Twenty-two weeks of One Station Unit Training, which includes Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field at Fort Benning, GA.
Basic Training: 10 weeks and 3 days
Advanced Individual Training: 12 weeks
• Willingness to accept challenges
• Ability to perform well under stress
• Physically and mentally in shape
• Ability to work as a team member